John Atkinson wrote:
wrote:
John Atkinson wrote:
wrote:
John Atkinson wrote:
It appears you misunderstood both Mr. Welch's question and
my response, Mr. Krueger. Mr. Welch was quite clearly
referring to a purported Stereophile review of the
"Shakti Hallographic Soundfield Optimizer." As I can't
find any such review in my index, I was asking Mr. Welch
for help in finding it.

Mea Culpa! I confused the "Shakti Hallograph Soundfield
Optimizer" with the "Shakti Electromagnetic Stabilizer".

Or perhaps you were misled by James Randi's implication on his
website that Wayne Donnelly's review of the "Hallographic
Soundfield Optimizer" had appeared in Stereophile?

If I were easily misled, Mr. Atkinson, I would be a loyal
Stereophile reader. Do you see Randi everywhere, Mr. Atkinson?

No, I was specifically referring to a message in another current thread
to which you are posting, specifically:
(Chevdo) wrote to joseph_welch in
message MQrVe.269840$on1.40437@clgrps13 on Tue, 13 Sep 2005 03:38:20
GMT
In article .com,
says...
The man is a repugnant malignancy:
http://snipurl.com/hmrq
http://www.randi.org/jr/120304youve.html#2

The URL above takes you to an essay by Randi in which he presents
a review of the "Hallograph" as though it had appeared in
Stereophile. As the posting was in response to you, I assumed
that it was that that had triggered your outburst of bile.

If I were a huckster and conman like yourself, an intelligent,
persistent, hard-nosed sceptic like Randi would get under my
skin, too.

Oh dear, Mr. Welch, you really do appear to have got panties in
a wad. :-)

This is akin to confusing the Green Bottle of "medicine"
with the Blue Bottle of "medicine" at an old traveling
"Medicine Show"; both are likely equally ineffective and
fraudulent.

And you know that how, Mr. Welch? When did you try these
devices for yourself?

Which one? The Blue Bottle or the Green Bottle?

Don't be coy, Mr. Welch, You have expressed a strong opinion
on these accessories. Surely you have tried them, to be so sure
that they are ineffective? Or are you, like Randi, simply
making things up?

Perhaps oou need to try some anger-managment strategies before you
next come out from behind the safety of your PC screen. :-)

The safety of my PC screen, Mr. Atkinson? Would you like me to publicly
call you out for being the conman and huckster that you are at the next
Stereophile event, Mr. Atkinson? If so, please let me know. It would
be my great pleasure to grant you your wish, Mr. Atkinson.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile