"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"BD" wrote in message
ups.com
The OP clearly implies that the magazine published an
article on the quoted piece of gear.... regardless how
much 'slippery' wording is used.

Hmm, truth is stranger than fiction, slippery wording, or what
have you:
http://www.stereophile.com/features/69/index2.html

The Mpingo disk article, is a classic case of stupidity and fraud.

It appears you haven't read it, Mr. McKelvy. Because if you had've
done, you would see that it contains strong opinions for but also
_against_ the efficacy of the Mpingo discs.

First we see Joseph Welch dissing Stereophile in this thread for a
review that had actually appeared in TAS, then we have Arny Kreuger
up to his old debating trade tricks, presenting part of a Web article
as though it were the whole (and taking you in), and now here you are,
dissing an article you don't appear to have read.

Not a very good track record for those who claim to believe in
Science, eh.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

So, you didn't actually read the review then? If you had you know that the
tenor was very poisitive and offered no measurements or tchnical info of any
kind, just blind drooling approval.

"With a number of the synergistic Cable Jackets, careful attention paid to
grounding, the Mpingo Discs on the front end, and the Spatial Control Kit, I
found the effects on the sound were shockingly as advertised---the size of
the soundstage, its tonal balance, and the focus we achieved were
astonishing. The soundstage was as big as the Great Outdoors (or at least as
big as whatever acoustic was on the source material)---we're not talkin' Big
Audio Bloat here. The Harmonix room-tuning products stopped the walls from
grossly resonating in the audio band, but the Shun Mook treatments enabled
us to tweak and micro-adjust the sound to absolute best effect. We were able
to dial in frequency response for a smooth, seamless, top-to-bottom,
cohesive, Zen-like, harmonious presentation. Images took on a solidity and
palpability that was positively scary. I've used that term before, but
instead of drawing attention to the pyrotechnics, these treatments allowed
me to sink deeply into the music's wash and feel its meaning---with rock,
pop, jazz, classical, you name it. That's what it's all about, no? "

And BTW, what kind of moron would spend $800-1500.00 for a record weight?