ScottW

John Atkinson wrote:
ScottW wrote:
John Atkinson wrote:
wrote:
Mr. Atkinson, can you explain how a product such as the
"Shakti Electromagnetic Stabilizer" could possibly improve
the sound quality of an audio system?

I have no idea, Mr. Welch. But that doesn't mean it can't
have an effect, of course.

Why does your magazine give positive reviews (in vol.19 no.2
and vol.19 no.4, by J. Scull and B. Willis, respectively) to
such do-nothing frauds?

Putting to one side precisely _how_ you came by your knowledge
that the Shakti Stones are "do-nothing frauds," Mr. Welch,
I commissioned reviews of the Shaktis from 2 reviewers, one
of whom. Mr. Scull, is by hs own admission a subjectivist, the
other of whom, Barry Willis, is an avowed skeptic. Imagine my
surprise, therefore, when _both_ subjectivist and skeptic found
that the Shakti devices had a positive audible effect on the
sounds of their systems. Could it possibly be that Scull and
Willis are right and you are wrong, Mr. Welch?

I just sped through the Willis article and I can't find anywhere
where he says they work. He spends a lot of time discussing
cultures and open mindedness and that he isn't saying they don't
work... just that they didn't work for him in the 20 minutes he
spent listening to 'em at WCES. Am I missing something?

I believe you are talking about Barry's report on Mpingo discs, ScottW,
whereas Mr. Welch was asking about the Shakti Stones.

Your correct. The question of his skepticism remains. His take on
Mpingo discs didn't support that characterization IMO.

ScottW