Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default Vinyl making a comeback?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
The context was clearly stated at the beginning of the post that I replied
to:

"Vinyl basically died in less than 10 years.

Which was falsely corrected by the following statement:

" Ignoring the previous 80 years of course."

The official date of the invention of the phonograph was 1877, but that
wasn't when the vinyl LP was invented.

But as YOU correctly point out, YOU never said LP, and Dick correctly states
vinyl dates from 1872!
So trying to be pedantic, you get hoisted by your own petard! :-)

And I still claim acetate 78's etc. were similar technology to microgroove
LP's, whilst CD digital technology was completely new.

MrT.