David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"toad" wrote in message...

Agree. The only real advantage XP offers over 2000 is start-up speed. If
you don't care about this then stay with W2K.

Toad

I think this may depend on how 'bloated' the system is. As to boot speed,
I've never seen anything as slow as XP... which is bloated by design. If it
were a contest for boot speed, I could fire up a 98SE system, open the
audio application and be recording or burning CDs before the XP system
was on line. With 2000, I found that every piece of software added would
slow the boot time, and it had better be a dedicated audio box or glitches
were in the works. The moment anything having to do with 'Office', 'Works',
network cards, or anything which required the addition of MDAC components
is added, it's speed and functionality as an audio workstation is compromised.

DM