Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default AKG headphones K240 & K44

On 23/08/2014 12:36 a.m., Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:
I think what Dorsey meant was that perfectly flat headphones do not translate too well to how we(humans) hear.

No, I mean that headphones are a tool that engineers use, and sometimes you
do not want them to be flat or accurate. The MD-7506 is popular because it
is so exaggerated on top and bottom that it becomes a useful tool for editing
and field recording work.

You can't judge EQ accurately on a 7506, but it's not _for_ that. That's a
job for a different tool. It's not pleasant to listen to or accurate, but it
isn't supposed to be. It's not for that either.
--scott

When I got mine pair (soon after they were first out) I was listening to
some music at home late at night, and had a sudden panic-attack that my
loudspeaker had inadvertently come on, and was waking the house. The
illusionary effect was such that I could have sworn that my trousers
were flapping !

geoff