Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default AKG headphones K240 & K44

On 8/22/2014 3:47 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Just because the coupler is a standard, doesn't mean it gives
subjectively useful results.

Maybe so, maybe not, but at least it's a way to compare measurements, or
at least determine if a particular headset is working the way it was
designed (that is, measures within tolerance to the manufacturer's gold
standard)

The issue of headphone response is further confused by the difference
between free-field and diffuse-field response. Shall we go into that?
It's only 1PM, and I'm running out of energy.

No, because if you're talking about subjective results, all subjects are
different. If you don't like 'em, try something different.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com