Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default AKG headphones K240 & K44

hank alrich wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

On 8/22/2014 12:58 PM, wrote:

So let's break this down another way: Ratings.

On Amazon, for instance, the HD-280 Pro, MDR-V6 & 7506, Shure
SRH-440, and even the Grado SR-60 and 80, average 4.5 out of 5
stars.

What explains that - people not knowing what to listen for, or what
sounds good in a can?

One possibility: "This was a really expensive set of headphones and they
sound a lot better than the ones that came with my iPod."

Another possibility: "Free shipping."

I doubt that most people who rate things on Amazon (or just about any
other "ratings" web site) don't have a standard for comparison. If they
like it, they'll rate it high. If they don't like it or it feels flimsy
or they broke it when getting it out of the box, they'll rate it low.

Research has indicated that in many cases many of the reviews were
written by paid company shills.

MANISCHEVITZ RATED 79 BY WINE SPECTATOR!