Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default what tube tester for a new guy?

Ian Iveson wrote:
Peter Wieck wrote:

***
Carriage Costs - yeah.

All of the British Isles including Ireland (80,823 sq.mi.
(209,331
km2)) would fit inside Kansas (82,282 sq.mi. (213,110
km2)). Our 15th
largest state.

***

The other day I was standing on top of Cross Fell, one of
England's highest peaks at, ahem, 3000ft or so, and it
seemed I could see coast-to-coast, although to the East the
horizon was a tad too grimy to be certain. It looks pretty
much exactly the right size.

The whole of Britain could probably fit into an American
open-cast coal mine and, if we were an American State, the
Northern counties would probably be just that.

We're not envious, but we do have extraordinarily high
transport costs.

Ian

Another interesting fact about the UK I was told is that nowhere is more
than 60 miles from the coast. Not sure if it is true.

Cheers

Ian