Michael Mckelvy

Default O.T. Grocery clerks strike

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
k.net...
Michael Mckelvy wrote:

If you live anywhere that this strike is being carried out, I'm

wondering
what the strikers are claiming as the reason(s) for their action.

The companies make billions in profits and want the employees to start
paying for healthcare when it was already there for employees for decades.
(ie - a pay cut, but in a sneaky manner)

They want them to pay $5.00 per week towards their own healthcare, $15.00
per week for family coverage.

The union is also claiming that the stores want to cut 50% of their pension
benefits. This is a lie.

Trader Joe's(small chain in California) has literally half the markup of
Vons/Safeway and yet is planning on expanding 100 stores in the next three

years.

Even with the current pay, the companies are still making money hand over

fist.

You've seen their books?

The main reason people where I live are avoiding stores being struck is

that
they are being intimidated by the picketers and this is likely to get

worse
now that the maf......er Teamsters are involved.

Where I live, most of the town supports or was at one time a member of
a union and they refuse to shop and support the companies or scabs.

The Teamsters got involved because the companies decided to try to break
the union, so the employees called in the Teamsters to get some hurt on
by not delivering the supplies.

The Teamsters are involved because they lend muscle. They are thugs, they
have been keying cars of people who cross the picket lines.