ScottW

Default O.T. Grocery clerks strike

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in
message
k.net...
Michael Mckelvy wrote:

If you live anywhere that this strike is being carried out,

I'm wondering
what the strikers are claiming as the reason(s) for their

action.

The companies make billions in profits and want the employees

to start
paying for healthcare when it was already there for employees

for decades.
(ie - a pay cut, but in a sneaky manner)

Trader Joe's(small chain in California) has literally half the

markup of
Vons/Safeway and yet is planning on expanding 100 stores in the

next three years.

Even with the current pay, the companies are still making money

hand over fist.

The main reason people where I live are avoiding stores being

struck is that
they are being intimidated by the picketers and this is

likely to get worse
now that the maf......er Teamsters are involved.

Where I live, most of the town supports or was at one time a

member of
a union and they refuse to shop and support the companies or

scabs.

The Teamsters got involved because the companies decided to try

to break
the union, so the employees called in the Teamsters to get some

hurt on
by not delivering the supplies.

Check the earnings statements. The companies are making a
whopping 1.3 to 1.5% profit.
Walmart is the 400 lb gorilla that is breaking the union. I
believe Trader Joes is a non-union store BTW. What health
benefits do they provide their employees?

The real issue for everyone is, WTF is going on with health care
costs? Allow imported pharmaceuticals.

ScottW