Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Need good source for used equipment pricing

In article ,
Audio Empire wrote:

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 06:24:51 -0800, Robert Peirce wrote
(in article ):

I expect to be moving later this year and I won't be able to take some
of my equipment with me. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it is worth
or where to try to sell it. Any suggestions?

I sell stuff on Craigs List all the time. Just sold a pair of VTL 140
Monoblock amps that I have had sitting around for several years, Got $1500
for the pair. Nice thing about Craigs List is that it's local. The buyer
comes and gets the stuff, brings cash, no shipping. As to prices look on
E-Bay. That should give you a rough idea what people are paying for used
audio gear these days. Worst-case scenario, if you ask too much on
Craigs-List, and nobody bites, you can always re-list it at a lower price.

I have a pair of Apogee Divas w/ DAX driven by dual 200w/c Classe amps.
I've used Craigslist and I like it but I'm not sure it is the best
choice for this. What do you think?