Posted to rec.audio.high-end
-dsr- -dsr- is offline

Default The end of R.A.H-E

On 2017-02-10, RAHE Moderator wrote:
Today is February 10, 2017. There have been no posts in the
rec.audio.high-end newsgroup since December 2016.

We have a few options, and I will lay them out.

1. Close the newsgroup.

2. Open the newsgroup.

3. Self-moderate the newsgroup.

4. Find a new moderator.

Please let me know what you all think. Suggestions, comments, theorizing,
whatever: This thread is open to everyone, and is constrained to the
topic of "the fate of rec.audio.high-end", rather than the general
purpose of the newsgroup. The thread will close April 1, 2017, unless
there is an active discussion going on.

There is no longer an active discussion on this thread.

However, there is substantially more traffic in the newsgroup.

Here is my decision for the next period of r.a.h-e:

1. The newsgroup will remain moderated.

2. The Guidelines are suspended.

3. I shall generally approve any message that is sent, unless it
appears to be obviously spam or gratuitously objectionable.
In particular, I won't be checking for proper quoting format,
or asking people to edit overly-long messages, or calming
flames.

4. When I get too tired of it, or someone else wants to do it,
we'll talk.

Your humble obedient overlord,

-dsr-