Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default 0dBFS+ Levels in Digital Mastering

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 5:09:12 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 14/10/2015 9:43 a.m., wrote:
geoff:

STOP telling me what I don't understand! You don't
know me at all.

That said, here is a good diagram illustrating
clipping:
http://www.gmarts.org/pix/fx/fx_clip1.jpg

When I utilize "hard-limiter" in a DAW, the result
zoomed in looks exactly like the red lines in that
diagramSo does anyone know what the F- limiting
looks like in a DAW?!

Depends on the DAW and what it is doing when you implement it's 'hard
limiting'.

If it clips (actually clips) and that's not what you want, tweak the
controls, use a different plugin, or buy a different DAW (or editor).

And may I say, most people who hang-out in usenet have pirated copies of Pro Tools; same with Photoshop. That's why, after several years, I decided to purchase Goldwave.

Goldwave can even remove varying DC Offset, even though Scott said there is no such thing, but since he now ignores me, he must have found out there is such a thing!!

Welcome to usenet.

Jack
Jack

geoff