Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Replacement Board for Event Electronics Tuned Reference MonitorTR-5?

On 10/12/2018 11:43 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Paul wrote:

Replacing both pots sounds like a good idea, but isn't the linear
taper going to be decently similar, even between different manufacturers?

Hopefully, if it really IS linear. I'll say that a lot of Chinese pots
that are supposed to be linear aren't. Rather than fiddle with making
everything match, I'd first see if the old one cleans up with cleaning.

Will do.

It's not easy getting these little reference speakers apart: the
cabinets seem to be glued somewhat permanently together (no screws, just
glue).

Yes, they are not intended to be maintained.
--scott

And therein lies the "throw away" mentality of the world's
corporations. They make more money if people just junk their
old equipment, and buy brand new models. One good reason why
Event doesn't support this model anymore.

Crony capitalism is nasty.