Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Fair Stereo Mix....

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:48:57 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:10:24 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:29:37 AM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra - Route 66 Theme (1962) Stereo. Mr.
Riddle,
N.J. born. Strange this is a Capitol Records recording/publication,
since
this rendition lacks a stereo "center". From a cut-out (bullet hole) DCC
CD.
Minor (binary?) flaw in the beginning, but far less than the recent
remastering of "Vehicle" (Ides Of March), published by Real Gone Music.
HD
Radio failed because only 15% of society demands/knows high quality
sound
and this includes the mentors of HD Radio. Sure, HD Radio, beg the FCC
for
more transmitting power, maybe that will save your failed venture...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...es/route66.mp3

This was my favorite tune when I was a kid. Loved those piano licks.
Great
show too. Still makes me think of the days growing up in sunny
California
in
the early 60's.

Poly

Call me square, but I didn't think much of the TV Show. But, it was nice
hear this song in stereo! Nelson was a trombonist, I think, but not a lot
of
focus on trombones in this song.

Nelson wanted to be a trombonist, but stopped playing in his teen years. I
remember him saying something about not being coordinated enough to play
the
bone.
I'm betting that's him playing those piano licks since that was his first
instrument.

Poly

Might me Nelson playing piano, but no mention of it anywhere. But, let's be
fair, pretty difficult to compose music on a trombone! :-)

LOL....btw it was Donn Trenner who played piano in this piece. Found it
he
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/donn-...r-mn0000740674

Poly

Great detective work!! After hearing a great guiatr solo, in Lipstick On Your Collar, I too wanted to know who that great guitarist was - George Barnes.

Jack