Kurt Riemann

Default Protools AV Option - is this just internal smpte?

Protools AV Option - is this just internal smpte?

So - I'm looking to grab a three 002 rigs but I need to lock to
external time code. HD is too overpowered and pricey for the use.

Digi says a lot on their site about how the AV Option throws smpte
into your LE software, but is this just for purposes of placing SMPTE
on the timeline? Can you even lock to an external source or (typically
Digi) is this just for OMF/Avid internal compatibility?

I suppose my biggest clue is that there is no time code I/O on the 002
boxes. Or can you use another synchronizer?

They are far too cryptic at Digidesign. What's the straight poop?

Tanks-

Kurt Riemann