Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Does anybody sell pre-made resistor "gizmos" for sm57/58 mics?

On 16/09/2020 2:12 am, slinkp wrote:
I'd like to try the shunt resistor trick, as per eg. that old Paul Stamler article, but i have no idea where my soldering kit has got to, and exercising my soldering skills (terrible) is no longer on my list of "fun things to do with my very limited free time". Plugging in a presumably inexpensive thing that's already wired up and seeing if I like it does sound fun though.

So if there's a place or person that sells eg. an XLR barrel with a suitable resistor already correctly wired into it, I'd happily buy one. Google's not turning up such a thing but it's hard to know exactly what to search for.

Ask any local electronic/TV/appliance repair place - they'd happily do
it for you for a few $$$ ( or a beer) if you turn up with the bits.

geoff