Posted to rec.audio.tech
isw isw is offline

Default 16" discs - need player

In article ,
"Phil Allison" wrote:

--snip--

Sounds like you're not familiar with "radial equalization" as used in
disk cutting?

** ******** to all of your insane crapology.

Just in case you'd be interested to increase your level of knowledge so
that you actually know what you're talking about, I would recommend a
fine book, "Sound Recording" by John Eargle. My copy is second edition,
1980. It'll tell you as much as you could possibly want to know about
the process of cutting vinyl disks -- including radial equalization.

Oh, and WRT to old 16-inch disks, whether horizontal or vertical cut,
they likely predate the use of RIAA equalization, so played back on a
contemporary rig, they might sound a bit odd. It could take a bit of
research to find out what EQ was used on any particular disk, as it
varied from one manufacturer to another.

Isaac