Marc Heusser

Default transporting good mics to/from location gigs

In article ,
(P Stamler) wrote:

Like Patric, I use old Samsonite suitcases. They're remarkably tough...

I do not know whether something similar is available in the States but
over her in Europe boxes made to fit standard pallettes are rather
common.
They are made out of polyethylene, can be fitted with covers, and come
in sizes up to 1200x800x800 mm.
Smaller ones you can get with handles and cover, eg 600x800x120 mm.
One of these would make a nice case when fitted with foam inside.
You can attach padlocks to covers.
Plus they do not look expensive.
Almost indestructible in normal use.
They're cheap enough also to store any other hardware you may need like
cables etc in the same boxes.

Also they can be stacked, are modular (ie two smaller sizes can be
stacked on the next bigger size etc).

One company that does them is Georg Utz over here.

HTH

Marc

--
Marc Heusser - Zurich, Switzerland
Coaching - Consulting - Counselling - Psychotherapy