Eric Agner

Default transporting good mics to/from location gigs

50's sewing machine case--wedge shaped small suitcase, plywood, with
tweed covering.

Mics are wrapped in foam wraps from a camera store intended for heavy,
expensive, fragile equipment.

Patric D'Eimon wrote in message ...
What I love and still use are several of the vintage (as in old) Samsonite
suitcases. They are different shades of brown and are built amazingly strong.
I've gotten all of mine at flea markets and garage sales. You can use both the
top and bottoms of the case. Pack them with the foam of your choosing and use
1/8" or 1/4" plywood for dividers. I use them for mixers, mikes, accessories,
etc...It may sound like irresponsible heresy but I choose them over the Anvil
cases that I have. I think they are less conspicuous and tempting to the evil
minded. I think they lend a terrific amount of funky panache to the whole deal
too! My 2c...Patric