Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default A Theory About Scott

On Oct 11, 12:33*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 9, 8:15*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article

I forgot to answer this part earlier:
It was a piano that ended up sounding more like a clavichord because
George Martin composed that interlude and played it on piano, but he
couldn't play it up to speed, so he played it in half time and they
double the tape speed. *Anyway, this is interesting. *Compare the
original Beatles recording with LJ's playing. *How different are they? *
So maybe it's not LJ's playing (or arrangement) there that you dislike,
but rather the way the music was written?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7gDs2GpJA

Overall,
this other guy has a little bluesier feel i like, the timing
seems not as *rigid, it is more fluid to me, he has softer
attacks on the strings and it sounds not so staccato,
the clavichord (as in the original ) solo section
particularly sounds better, although still, I don't
favor the arrangement keeping it it in the manner it does
(More or less mimicking the original)
this guy losses ot just a lttle at the end of that part, at about 2:10
to 2:12.

Earlier, I think it was about 2:45,, that lttle but of three notes
ringing, well I don't really like it, it sounds trite, but it sounded
much more ovnoxious on the Juber version.

So this guy is not the technical master, but musicality wins out in
the end.
I don't care that he might be "less accurate"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!
the two extras at the endd

I just fired up the recording system and dashed off my version of LJ's
arrangement. *I hope that you like it!http://sn.im/sg2mq-iv5

Thank you for providing that. I truly appreciate it.
I hope that my comments will not prevent you from
posting more of your playing.
First of all, I admire that you went way out of the box
form the original song, and from LJ's arrangement.
I can see that you put a lot of yourself
in it, rather than being a copyist, or someone
who must strive for 'accuracy' to some model
of ideal. I like that a lot.
I respect your playing, but as far a
for my musical enjoyment, ti
didn't hit the spot. But that is a matter of my tastes.
I will also say that in listening I got a sense that you were trying
portray your vision of the song, rather tham using
it as an exercise to show off your chops.
So, I would say it was not a self
indulgent ego trip, but something
you feel.