Posted to rec.audio.opinion

In article
dfc3d950-9652-44d6-ae1a-71ed1e5ac...@r36g2000vb
n.go
ogle
grou
ps.c
om,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to
Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 1, 5:46*pm, Clyde Slick

wrote:

On Oct 1, 3:59*pm, George M. Middius

wrote:

Sacky burbled:

LOL!!!! That is what being a
fawning
sycophant is
all
about!!!!

Um, no, Clyde, it isn't.

My dear SHhhh, yes it is

No, it's not.

yes it is

fawning·ly adv.
Synonyms: fawn1, apple-polish, bootlick,
kowtow,
slaver1,
toady,
truckle
These verbs mean to curry favor by
behaving
obsequiously
and
submissively: fawned on her superior;
students
apple-polishing
the
teacher; bootlicked to get a promotion;
lawyers
kowtowing
judge;
slavered over his rich uncle; toadying to
members
of
the
club;
nobles
truckling to the king.

syc·o·phant *(sk-fnt, sk-)
n.
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win
favor
by
flattering
influential people.

Very good, Clyde. You can cut-and-paste as
well
as
your
stupid
friend
can.

Um, what will Jenn "get" from these people?
That's
the
thread
you
miss. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!
then is she has nothing to gain then she has
nothing
be
afraid
of
and she should comparatively
rank those players.
She is afraid that those frail ego luimnaries
will complain to the contractor that hires
her.

You are so full of bull**** that it oozes from
you.
*You've
jumped
to a
massively bad conclusion. *Here's a concept
that
you
obviously
don't
understand: *Of the 8 guitarists I posted, 4 of
them
are
very
good
friends, and 2 others I know pretty well.
*Perhaps
it's
not
true
for
you, but in my life and in my business, it's
considered
impolite to
rank
the talents of your friends and colleagues like
they
were
entrees
at a
restaurant. *If I have critical words for then,
as
sometimes
do,
they
are offered in private, where it is appropriate
do
so.

FINE!!!
Then don't give us your sugarcoated bull****
opinions
of
these
people

I've not said anything about them that I don't
believe.
*There
was
nothing 'sugarcoated'. *I hope that you can
understand
that,
but I
doubt
that.

We already know that you won't say anything that
could
be construed as the least bit critical, in fear of
offending
your thin skinnned friends and professional
acquaintances,

No, it's a matter of professionalism.

Then your "professional" opinions and evaluations,
'such as they are, are vacuous and worthless, you might
as well kepp quiet about them,
continuing your sugar coated oohs and aahs
just makes you llook bad.

As I said, I won't be any more music here.

and I hope no more oohs and aahs from you

Heck no. *Saying that you like something is obviously not a
popular
thing to do here.

I told you which of the vids I liked, and which I didn't.

Yes you did. *I liked them all. *That's why I posted them.

WHen Scott produced a vid supposedly of LJ, I
liked it and remarked that he played something I liked,
and it was different form the LJ vids you provided.
LAter, it turned out it was't LJ.

I understand that LJ has quite a good reputation.
Maybe if you tried harder, you could provide a vid of
his I would like.

lol *youtube.com
or try the audio file that I posted *http://sn.im/s8iz0-p0n

*MAybe he plays some other
pieces with more finesse and musicality.
Maybe its not LJ I don't like,
mabe it is your selection criteria.
But I don't know, I liked some of the vids
you provided of other artists.

It was a lot more enjoyable than one of the usual
'marches/ that you presented. Overall, I like dit, but ultimately i
found it marred
by a number of trite embellishments, that detracted from
the sublime simplicity of a wonderful introspective song.
Although it is a very nice melody, the charm of the song
lies strongly in its lyrics.

Interesting, because it's the same arrangement that you like played by
someone else.

i think you are talking about Scot's link
It was supposedly Juber, it was l;abelled as such, but his head
was not shown.

That's correct; it wasn't LJ. *It was his arrangement.

I gave it high marks, and I thought it was LJ
at the time, and I did saay that I liked it, even thinking'it was LJ.
. I liked it better than the real LJ, though over all
I liked LJ, too. I just think a wonderfule performance at times was
marred by
some superficial embellishments. the core playing was great, i
just didn't appreciate some of the bells an whistles that sometimes
and somewhat
detracted form the song.

I would be interested in what parts you liked better played by the
intermediate level player, referenced by clock time.

I would want to reference the specific points on the
LJ performance, but what showed up onmy screen, there was
no clock time

Could you just check a watch or something and give me a time where there
is something you consider offensive? I'm really just trying to learn
here, not argue with you.