Rusty Boudreaux

Default What happened to perpetual technologies?

"Randy Yates" wrote in message
Andre Yew wrote:
"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote in message

However, your argument using general processors is not
valid. In the realm of DSPs and ASICs this level of

processing
power is certainly achievable at modest cost.

Not true.

snip

In any case, at over $300 a pop, they aren't cheap. I agree,

Rusty is
wrong - this level of processing is currently not available at

modest cost.

Yep, mea culpa. I wasn't paying attention I read million, not
billion.

Our ASICs do upwards of 20 million 32-bit MACs at a fraction of
the cost of a comparable DSP solution. However, these ASICs are
specialized for the communications equipment market and probably
not directly comparable to a higher feature set DSP.