w_tom

The power strip and circuit breaker (or fuse) will not
interact with the power wedge. In fact, any power strip that
does not have the 15 amp circuit breaker should be removed
from premises as a threat to human safety.

Power strip surge protector are cheap power strips with a
few $0.10 parts added. The active component (MOV) remains
totally inert until 120 VAC exceeds something like 300 volts.
Are you seeing 300+ volts on you AC main? If not, all power
strips remain inert. Meanwhile, spend tens of dollars to
convert a cheap power strip into a surge protector using $0.10
parts. Better is to save money; use the cheap power strip.

The power strip will provide up to 15 amps to the power
wedge (or anything else). Circuit breaker protects humans
from making stupid (and therefore dangerous) mistakes. To the
power wedge, cheap power strip looks like power is coming
directly from the wall receptacle.

Agent_C wrote:
Joe Sensor wrote:
What exactly is wrong with a "cheap power strip"?

I just want a passive switch; nothing more. I'm uncertain how the fuse
and surge protection circuitry in a 'cheap power strip', or even an
expensive one, would interact with the PowerWedge.

A_C