Mark D. Zacharias

Default distortion at the end of a CD

This is whyI mentioned Philips specifically. I've been servicing these
things for over twenty years - that's the only brand I've seen have
troublewith CD-R's or longer discs when not actually malfunctioning. Usually
problems of this sort are caused by cleaning issues, deteriorated lasers,
defective media, and the like.

The original poster has already posted back that the disc was overburned (in
excess of 80 minutes).

Mark Z.

"GMAN" wrote in message
In article , "Mark D. Zacharias"

wrote:
An audio CD player should play it the same as a PC drive.
A Philips-built player might be an exception.

Not always true, many older audio cd players cannot cope properly with the
tighter spiral of the 80 minute cdr's. Same with many first generation
computer cd drives

There could be a problem with that disc. Maybe re-copying it would be a

good
idea, since it seems to play ok on the PC.

Mark Z.