Doc

"skhoover" wrote in message

A Note from Noel Lee, CEO of Monster Cable Products.

There have been a lot of rumors, misinformation, and false accusations

etc. etc.

Anyone who knows our company, or me personally, knows that we are not that
kind of company, and I am not that kind of person. The information out
there is categorically untrue.

Really?

Those who
know me and have met me, know that we have built a fantastic company from
nothing through sheer hard work and a lot of sweat equity.

And lots of Asians making and stuffing their pretty cables in pretty boxes.

I feel
fortunate to have been born an American.

Where he can have lots of Asians overseas make his products.

Some of the negative press you have read may have started with some
newspaper articles that have mistaken information in them, or others who
have found this opportunity to spread negative press for their own

agendas.

Snow Monsters mistakenly portrayed that our objection to their attempt to
register trademarks was a lawsuit, which isn't true. We have not sued

Snow
Monsters.

It would appear only because Snowmonsters beat them to it.
Monstervintage.com told MC to stuff it and MC filed suit. Now the
snowmonsters.com site has a whole new page up where supposedly they've
kissed and made up with MC. Not sure what the deal is there, a couple of
weeks ago they were talking all kinds of crap about MC. Noel Lee supposedly
now says snowmonsters is in no way in conflict with MC....Shazaam! No
kiddin'? They had to go through this whole process to decide this?.......?

You can see
what we have recently done with kids at Monster Park.
http://www.monsterparksf.com/fun/Photos.asp. The videos with Yomi
Agunbiade, director of Recreation and Parks, that is up on our web site
shows our compassion for kids at the opening of Monster Park.

Yeah, that's how you show compassion for kids. Make a few showy photo-op
gestures, while you're harrassing the parents of some other kids, such as
monstervintage.com

1) We do not have any trademark infringement lawsuits pending,

Either they or Monstervintage are lying. Per the monstervintage.com site:

"Two years of threatening letters demanding Monstervintage.com to conform
has been nothing less than harassment and intimidation intended to limit the
rights and liberties to further the growth of Monstervintage.com. Now
Monster Cable has filed a 5 Counts Federal Lawsuit for diluting the word
MONSTER (1) Trademark Infringement (2)Federl Unfair Competition (3)
Contributory Trademark Infringement (4) Dilution of Famous Mark (5) State
Unfair Competition & Dilution in attempt to take over the
Monstervintage.com. Domain Name Read More Below."

and we do
not object or take action against businesses just because they sell

products
that have "Monster" in their names.

You mean like "Monster Shrimp"? See the next para.

9) The newspaper articles and other rumors that said we sued the Chicago
Bears, Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park, or a Cajun restaurant are all untrue.
We have NEVER filed any lawsuits or other actions against them.

From the US Patent and trademark website:

http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?q...&pn2=&cop=&cn=

Regarding the application for trademark "Home Of The Monster Shrimp"

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=78329124

Not a lawsuit...yet....I assume they're not filing for an extension to
oppose a trademark for funsies. Wouldn't you call an effort oppose a
trademark an "action"? Perhaps they're waiting to see what they can get out
of the owner of this restaurant first.

Don't just
take our word for it, do a search of the court records, and the USPTO
database, and we can guarantee that you will find that we have not sued

(or
even filed trademark oppositions) against these companies.

See above.

Where most companies find out how to take quality out of
something to reduce costs, we find how we can "improve" products

Love the qualifying "..." around "improve". Maybe he's referring to the
slick color schemes, wrapping and packaging?

I am very sad indeed to see misinformation out there

Me too.

Monster Batteries

You mean those batteries that Energizer took you to task for over dubious
claims?

Sorry, not buying any of it...or any Monster Cable.