TonyP

Ofttimes determined hobbyists can do a lot more than most of the
dealers-very few High End dealers have what I would call a serious
service department. In more cases than not they have a bunch of
unworking or out of cal equipment either left over from better days or
bought specifically to impress the clientele or meet a warranty station
MEL. They just ship anythiing not obvious to the factory and pad the

Or, they send it to someone who can fix it. Usually, it takes weeks to
get an item back. What I did was become friends with the repair tech.
Now, I take anything to him personally. No, it doesn't speed up the
repair time, but at least I buypass the owner with his hands out.