Sean Kelsey

"rmathies99" wrote in message . com...
I am considering buyer a mixer to use with my computer . I am unable with my
current set up to record a fresh track while monitoring a track (play along)
without overdubbing onto the same . I have looked at the behringer
/euroracks and the price is certainly attractive . But , are they any good
and are they clean(any noise or bleed thru ? ) ? If you have one and have
had probs or compliments I would like to hear them . I am looking at the
Eurorack UB502 .

I have a Eurorack MX2642A (16 channel, 4 buss/group, 2 channel out)
http://www.behringer.com/MX2642A/index.cfm?lang=ENG which I really
like (although a bit limited on bells and whistles.

Its linked into my Pro Tools LE system and I tend to put everything
through the mixer before entering pro tools. I find this gives me a
little more warmth and flexibility in getting the sound I need before
actually recording it to disk.

I get a lot of sh!t from other engineers who sneer at the behringer
quality, but I find it gives me exactly what I'm looking for for what
I need to record (simple acoustic guitar, vocals and midi drums) and
after I've played with the waves EQ plug-in, I can get a really nice
sound.

From what I understand, the UB502 has the same IMP (invisible mic
pre's) as those found in the Euroracks, so the mic pres are nice but
not the best quality (but if you're looking at the UB502, i'm guessing
the budget is dictating the quality you'll get)

For budget, I can't complain... I guess the only other budget ones you
might want to look at are the Soundcraft notepad or compact mixers.
I've used both and are excellent for small setups.

Hope this helps.

S.