Garthrr

Default 16 bit vs 24 bit, 44.1khz vs 48 khz <-- please explain

In article , Jay -
atldigi writes:

I think you're making the mistake of assuming that the "low level stuff"
means that if the average recording level is above 16 bits' -96dB limit
then the extra bits are somehow not helpful.

No, I understand why you would think that but I am aware of what you mean in
that there are low level components to audio with a high average level and I
understand that they would benefit from the added dynamic range. That scenario,
however is not the crux of my question.

Garth~

"I think the fact that music can come up a wire is a miracle."
Ed Cherney