Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] S888Wheel@aol.com is offline

Default Audiophilia in the 21st Century

On Dec 1, 2:31�pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
wrote in message
You can
reach Chas Kassem by email at
Acoustic Sounds
http://store.acousticsounds.com/supp...?support=email
and Michael Hobson by email at Classics

If you are simply more interested in just arguing about
differences between CDs and vinyl without any connection
to the realities of what
is actually out there on vinyl and CD count me out. I've
talked to
these folks. I know what they have to say about it in
reality.

if these people are as helpful as you claim, then perhaps you can have them
help you your claim that the LP format has none of the problems that we say
it does, by providing an unprocessed, unedited transcription of a LP side
that as you have repeatedly claimed, lacks all of the audible problems we've
been talking about.

I think they are in the business of selling their product not
transcribing it and giving it away. I don't think they take RAHE all
that seriously. It's not their problem, I already offered to borrow a
CD burner and do it myself in exchange for copies of those JAES papers
you keep alluding to provided you prove that you can do a bias
controlled evaluation of that transcription.

Since it is your reputation that is at stake here, of course it is up to you
to provide the recording, not us.

My "reputation" is at stake here? Seems a bit mellow dramatic. Do you
think "reputations" on Usenet are something to worry about? If so, I
think maybe you sould worry more about your own reputation. You still
haven't explained those alleged comparisons between "lots" of Ray
Charles LPs back in the mid 80s with CDs that had not come into
existance at that time. Thats the sort of thing that could really
damage one's credibility. Perhaps we would all be better served if we
avoid making this so personal and just stick to audio as a subject.