James Perrett

On 30 May 2005 06:39:53 -0700, dale wrote:

The fragility of their sticky-coated metal tops was a hazard.

what was the "sticky-coated metal tops", never saw one

I was reffering to the gold cd-r, preffered by achivist (for digital
medium)
for doing long term back-up/storage
more stable than hard drives, and any other cd-r on market.

dale

Kodak used the Mitsui dye which would appear to have a longer readable
life than the Taiyo Yuden dye. When Kodak stopped making discs they
suggested that their customers use Mitsui discs.

I have a few Kodak discs but it is quite a while since I've tried reading
them.

Cheers.

James.