Arny Krueger

Default Off topic

"ScottW" wrote in message
news:9ItFb.36524$m83.5885@fed1read01

I was also considering adding some treatments on the front wall.

There are a few
affordable options but then ETF puts the kabosh on the idea with the
statement that 6" thick foam is required. That would be a bit pricey.

It would just be two layers of 3" foam. Given what you spent on the rest of
your system, seems like a bad time to get tight pocketbook disease.

I have a little time over the holidays and my first project is adding a

door
(there isn't one now). A nice 1 3/4" solid core door. Weighs a ton
but it should help block the house sound.

Be sure to weather-strip it, as the air gaps that are naturally around the
door can transmit a great deal of sound.

Now if I can just get them to move the freeway .

Very problematical, given the way they build houses in SD. In my town, a
good tight brick house with vinyl storms and well-sealed exterior doors can
do a good job of isolating rooms inside from a nearby busy road, even a busy
freeway.