plokmichael

Thank you Scott! Thank you Mike!
Your suggestions are very useful!!
Greetings from Italy, is you ever want to come to visit Italy please let me
know!

"Mike Rivers" ha scritto nel messaggio

In article
writes:

I have a 8 channels micpre (yamaha mla-8). The outputs are d-sub25
(multipin
connector).
I also have a multitrack recorder (Mackie HDR). The inputs are d-sub 25
(same multipin connector as above).

Which cable do I need to connect the micpre with the recorder?

I'm pretty sure that the two use the same pinout. Whirlwind
(
http://www.whirlwindusa.com) would know for sure. If you want to make
a cheap test, go to a computer store and get a $3 Chinese computer
serial cable with male DB-25s on both ends and use that to connect the
two units. Check to see that you get all the channels. It might even
work well enough to use for real. It's not shielded, and they aren't
twisted pairs, but the inputs on the Mackie are pretty well balanced
and if you keep the cable away from nearby wall warts, you probalby
won't have a serious EMI problem.

I use such a cable to connect a Mackie Onyx 800R to my Mackie HDR24/96
and it works fine in my room, though I'd rather use a real shielded
pair cable if I took it out in the field where I might encounter
unexpected interference.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )