Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Adam Stouffer Adam Stouffer is offline

Default 5662 thyratron oscillator

robert casey wrote:
Adam Stouffer wrote:

You can do something like this with neon bulbs. See
http://members.misty.com/don/sillyne2.html
http://www.oberlin.edu/physics/catal...m/neonosc.html

Also I was never a big fan of digital storage 'scopes. Too easy to miss
high frequency paracitics in amplifiers and such. Paracitics that would
look like fuzz on an old fashioned analog 'scope.

Ah glad someone finally replied The other two VCOs in my synth are
2D21 relaxation oscillators but this 5662 looks like its outputting two
frequencies at once. Now to find a way to mix three signals with a
single tube. Maybe a 6BE6? Nothing has to be too exact here.

The scope is a first gen digital HP 54200A. Its pretty worthless if
you're trying to see fast moving waveforms and HF noise shows up as
bunch of dots. The interface is clunky because its all pushbuttons and
menus and no knobs. I do like the amount of on screen measurements it
shows and GPIB capability. My next purchase is going to be a decent Tek
scope like a 2225.

Adam