Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default Bose 901 drivers

"Joe Sterling" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, let me weigh in on why someone might buy Bose. I'll start by
stipulating that they are inferior in all the ways the cognescenti
claim, OK?

So far so good. :-)

First off, Bose has great marketing. They know how to sell their
products.

Yep.

Second, their products are easy to use. You don't need to be a charter
subscriber to The Absolute Sound to operate their systems.

The 901's actually require a bit more knowledge to position them than your
average speaker.

Third, their products are attractive and sleek.

A matter of opinion I guess.

And fourth, their customer service is great.

snip
On the other hand, when the pin on the rca cable for my 2-year-old Bose
headphones got bent (by me), I walked into a nearby Bose store and they
just gave me a free replacement cable. With a big smile. No questions
asked. Bose makes their customers feel appreciated and valued.

The above are among the reasons Bose is so successful. And they
deserve their success.

Which obviously doesn't explain why you are not simply getting new drivers
from Bose then?

MrT.