Posted to rec.audio.tech
MettleBeerStolid MettleBeerStolid is offline

Default Group Poll: What is currently the best audio card for a new PC build?

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:57:19 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"MettleBeerStolid" wrote in
message ...
I am going to build a new box, and I am only aware of about three
makers, Creative, Asus, and Turtle Beach. I know a couple others exist
(Roland, I think), but was simply attempting to get feedback from the
folks who know.

My old box is about 8 years old, and has an Audigy 2 Platinum in it.
I am starting to see lack of support for it though on the new OSes, and
certainly would want newer and better in my new build.

OR have motherboard included sound options advanced enough to simply
get one that has 5 to 8 channel audio or optical out on it already, and
roll without an added on audio solution?

The latter. On board sound can be very good. digital and even optical outs
are available.

Thanks. I do not usually get civil responses from you.