Posted to rec.audio.pro
gtbuba[_2_] gtbuba[_2_] is offline

Default Teac 3440 won't play or rewind?

On Feb 26, 9:56*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
gtbuba wrote:

It looks like the solenoids are soldered on the the board. no socket.
As far as a power supply or logic circut I guess I might think about
getting a service manual. GT.

The belt is bad and so is the pinch roller, but those aren't your problem
right now. *They will turn out to be once you get it running, though.

TEAC will have a service manual and it won't be terribly expensive.

I believe this might be one of the machines that requires a remote control
to be plugged in. *Since the remote control stop button is a NC switch,
if you don't use the remote you have to plug a shorting plug in. *If this
is the case, then it will play as long as the play button is held down.

I also believe that this might be one of the machines that is subject
to solder issues due to wave soldering defects. *If that is the case,
an afternoon spent remelting each solder joint in the machine with a
little flux will pay you manyfold in improved reliability.

Some of these machines have issues with the omron relays whose contacts
corrode. *A long-term fix is replacement but a reasonable short-term fix
is to drill a hole in the case and squirt deoxit in.
--Scott

Good suggestions. Thanks. The old owner ran the machine without a
remote. I will look into it needing a plug. I think I will spend some
time and re soldering the machine Then take it from there. GT