Posted to rec.audio.pro
gtbuba[_2_] gtbuba[_2_] is offline

Default Teac 3440 won't play or rewind?

On Feb 26, 9:22*pm, Rick Ruskin wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:04:02 -0800 (PST), gtbuba

wrote:
Hi guys I bought a Teac 3440 for $80 today. It looks to be in pretty
good shape looks wise. I knew it needed work.
At any rate the Capstan motor is running. It won,t close the pinch
roller when pushing play and rewind and fast forward does not work.
There is only 1 belt and it works. The reels are direct drive. The old
owner checked the fuses inside and they all tested ok. Any thought? *GT

Common problems with machines that have sat idle for too long. *The
lubricant for the pinch roller may have solidified. *In that case, it
all needs to be cleaned out and replaced. *Other possiblities, bad
solenoids, logic circuit gone bad, power supply problem(s).
Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music - Seattle WAhttp://www.liondogmusic.com

It looks like the solenoids are soldered on the the board. no socket.
As far as a power supply or logic circut I guess I might think about
getting a service manual. GT.