Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam79 adam79 is offline

Default Compression Unit for Recording Vocals

On 10/20/11 10:30 AM, Dec [Cluskey] wrote:

As a vocal compressor in the mix I cannot speak highly enough of the
TLA Fatman 1 and 2 .... favourite of many hip hop giants.... quite the
best I have ever used. I currently use it on all main vocals in the
mix.

I'm into rock, so "hip hop giants" do interest me, but from the way you
speak of it, I assume it sounds well with most genres. I took a brief
glimpse at the Fat 1; it's well reviewed. Besides the presets, you can
adjust it manually, right? Also, is the Fat 2 a new improved version of
the Fat 1?

Anyone have any experience with the FMR PBC-6A? It's double the price of
the RNLA, and 4 times more expensive than the RNC (I see them go for
$100 on eBay all the time), but from what I've read, it out performs the
RNLA and RNC (especially on vocals and acoustic guitar).

Thanks,
-Adam