Posted to rec.audio.pro
MarkK MarkK is offline

Default Compression Unit for Recording Vocals

You can add compression while tracking in PT 7.4 LE.

Set up an aux track, mic in to aux, bus the aux to your record track.
Then you can put an expander gate, compressors, eq, a limiter, etc, in
the aux track and they'll process the signal before it's recorded.

Derp! Thanks.

there you go.. as long as we have tracks -a- plenty..you can do it both
ways...

record one track clean and one track compressed..

If the compression comes out good, you are all set, if not, you still have
the clean track to work with....

Here is another tip...
take one track and compress it to he** and back , really slam it..
take another track that is clean and uncompressed.
Now use BOTH tracks in the mix...... add in the compressed one about -20 dB
compared to the uncompressed one. The combined result is that it fills in
the weaker parts without squashing the dynamics....

With all the bells and whistles available on the market I am surprised I
have not seen a compressor with this feature built into it..

Mark