Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default another bizarre audio circuit

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 07:10:21 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 07:14:08 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

An example which springs to mind is a circuit which was posted some
time back which looked good, but which on closer inspection you said
needed a choke with an inductance of near 1 henry, as I recall, and a
Q of about 200 somewhere in the audio range.

I went looking for one, just for grins, but found only unobtanium so,
unless I missed something, (got a source?) your guess was wrong and
the topology bogus.

Bogus? Because you can't order some part?

---
Because it's unorderable, AFAIK.

Find me an inductor with an inductance of 1 henry and a Q of 200 at
1000Hz, OK?

After all, it was _your_ call, not mine.
---

Nothing wrong with playing
with a topology if it might work. Whether it's practical or affordable
is part of the downstream analysis. If every idea has to be
immediately and exhaustively analyzed for cost and parts availability
and subtleties, you won't come up with many ideas.

---
The impossibility of an idea not working isn't a barrier to the
initial flash, so why would you say something like that?
---

As usual, you're just being bitchy.

---
No, as usual, I'm being critical, and you don't like it when the
finger's being pointed at you.
---

Why are you so hostile to playing with ideas? Why do you refuse to do
it yourself?

---
Straw man.
---