Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default another bizarre audio circuit

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 18:52:53 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 20:40:27 -0600, John - KD5YI
wrote:

Well, I thought designing a circuit included supplying component values.
No?

I posted topologies. Values can be scaled to the application, but you
need a topology first. If I were actually going to build this, for
money, of course I'd have to define specs and then compute values.
That's just grunt work.

John

---
Being the grunt work that it is, then, one should be able to take a
schematic devoid of component values and then hand it over to a grunt
with the expectation of getting back a working circuit some time
later?

One thing about topologies which is misleading is that if the
component values aren't defined, the topology might look fine but the
realization of the circuit will be impossible under economic or
technical constraints.

An example which springs to mind is a circuit which was posted some
time back which looked good, but which on closer inspection you said
needed a choke with an inductance of near 1 henry, as I recall, and a
Q of about 200 somewhere in the audio range.

I went looking for one, just for grins, but found only unobtanium so,
unless I missed something, (got a source?) your guess was wrong and
the topology bogus.

---
JF