Nousaine

Default Subwoofer direction

Eddie Runner wrote:

TOM, Your all WORDS.....

Lets SEE your data!!!

When I have a claim I scan it and put it on the website for all to see..

Why no data there then?

Right now I dont have a car here with a woofer box and the installers in
the shop have been too busy for me to push them outa the way to do
some tests..

WE DID DO SOME tests for TeamROCS back when your crappy
article came out several years ago... We used Foggys woofer box in his
car and we posted the data WITH PICTURES on a web site back then.
I was hoping Foggy or some of the other folks that may remember that
test or might still have the pictures would happen by here, but I guess not.

My article has been printed for all to see. The reason you have no data is
because real data would not support your position.

For those who have been reading I response mapped a MTX9500 in a 1.25-foot
enclosure with MLSSA and a SPL test @ 10% distortion with the woofer facing the
rear of the car and with it facing the front.

There was a deep notch at 188 Hz with the box facing the front of the vehicle
that was absent when the enclosure faced the front of the vehicle. I rotated
the enclosure so that the face of the driver occupied the same plane in both
cases. Otherwise response was within 0.5 dB in either case below 60 Hz. There
were 2-4 dB variations at 100 Hz when the speaker was rotated but nothing
large.

SPL capability when measured from 10 to 62 Hz showed less than 0.5 dB
difference and using my 3 bass tracks max SPL was 0.7 dB higher when the woofer
faced the front of the vehicle. These differences are well within the
measurment tolerances with tests of this nature.

I also tested 10,12 and 15-inch woofers in the past 3 days taking care to
measure response with the enclosure facing front/rear/left/right. It was
possible to make minor changes at 100 Hz by woofer direction but nothing that
was dramatic. It simply changed the amount of EQ needed at that frequency.

If I get some free time and the shops not too full I will do some documented
tests with plenty of pictures and credible witnesses for you to interview.

Your just not worth it to me to DROP EVERYTHING right this instant
though... Kinda like the ACOUSTICS BOOK... I take a few days to
produce it and your actin like I was a big liar when I said I owned the book.
(GOTCHA THERE DIDNT I) ha ha ha

Of course you don't have time. You're too FOS to do it right.

Lets see the pictures of what your doing!!!!!!!!!!!
Your all talk, how do we know your not just TALKING BULL****
when you tell us you made THREE MORE TESTS yesterday???

LETS SEE EM!

Let's see some data from you Eddie. All you have is a cartoon.

Eddie Runner
So far we have seen NOTHING from Tom except his words, I have
made 3 web pages full of scans and quotes from REAL BOOKS!

But no real data. All BS and Bluster. And the copies of Baranek just made my
point.