Luke Hague

Default Subwoofer direction

The only changes made to my system at the time, was the fact I turned the
box around, I have 2 10" Infinity Reference subwooffers mounted in a sealed
box with .74cubic feet internal volume, powered by a Rockford Fosgate 500x
4-channel amp, bridged to 2 channels. I only used the crossover already on
the amp, which I don't know the specs on, but I've never changed it.
I consider bass, what I can feel and what any person would consider
"low" sounding tones.
I don't have any equipment to test the difference, but it is a very
noticable (audible) sound difference. Also bass is less prodominate outside
the car, where it is now more prodominate inside the car, being that more
can be heard and felt.
And once again no other changes were made except for physically tunring
the box around to face the rear of the car.
I would also like to add, I did this several times and noticed the
difference everytime.

"Nousaine" wrote in message
"Luke Hague"

Wow, you must be tone deaf, cause when I turned my speakers around in
the hatch of my '96 Escort LX, there was a HUGE difference, I went from

not
having any bass, to having more than enough bass. So in turn, I turned

my
amp down, so in the long run it also saved my speakers.

So what's your crossover frequency? What kind of woofer system is

employed?
What do you consider bass?
How did you verify the difference?
Were any other changes made at the same time?