ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs

Default Subwoofer direction

Have you done it with a sub crossed over at say 50hz low pass, with a steep
slope, say 24db per octave at least? So your sub is producing NOTHING but
below 60hz frequencies? 12bd slope would need to be crossed very low.

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow with my car parked in the laneway and
see if it makes any difference with only 60hz or less going to the sub, then
with the crossover set to roughly 150Hz and compare.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys and agreeing with NOUSAINE, I think both
are correct (well, I'm not sure but I will try it myself).

I know you and Eddie and everyone have noticed the difference when you put
your sub tight against the back seat and face it out the trunk, in
comparison to turning it around and facing the back seat (towards the
listener). I know it makes a difference. I have heard it in my car, and many
others. But the sub has always been crossed over well above 60Hz (in my
case). In reality, most subs are crossed well above 60hz, correct? Or am I
wrong to say that? For most people, in most cases, its very impractical to
cross over that low, right?

Eddie, can you say honestly you have done it with a sub crossed really low,
50hz or even less and noticed the same difference?

I will find out tomorrow........ (car needs struts, can't drive it anyways,
gotta do somthin with the stereo :P)

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
He is saying it will make no difference with bass below 60Hz or so! Why
don't you guys get a good 24 or 48db crossover, set it real low, and go

TEST
IT IN YOUR CAR! Move the sub around, face it towards the back seat, then

try
other positions!

Have you ever done this? I KNOW that it happens. I have done it in several
vehicles myself, Eddie has done it in several (probably hunderd) vehicles.

You
can argue that it cant happen but it does, It has been done and will

continue
to be done and no amount of fancy talk from Nousaine will change that. No
article in some crappy magazine will change that.

I don't see how you guys can argue NOUSAINE when you don't even

understand
what he is saying!

I think people understand clearly. I have understood the whole thread and

it is
blantanly obvious that he is wrong.
Why cant anyone argue with Nousaine? Because he writes for a magazine he

is
some audio expert? I dont think so. You should read some of the crap he

spouts
on other groups. He is a writer not an audio guru. Put down the magazine

and
maybe you will learn something.

Les