Norris Watkins

Default Polk RT2000p subwoofer barely audible !!!

Thanks a lot for the reply:
Actually I did consider these, But yet I did not feel like I was getting the
required oomph from the subwoofers.

Is there anybody out there with these speakers. Could you pl verify if you
had to buy seperate powered subwoofers for your home theatre systems.

If I am to buy seperate subwoofers, which will be a good choice if I have to
stay around 500 $.

Thanks again
--nw

"Doug" wrote in message news:84yec.7$DM5.5@okepread04...
Also set your speakers to "SMALL" this will also direct the highs and mids
to the front speakers...

"Kev" wrote in message
I would suggest you double check see if your Receiver's setup is right.

Most
receiver allow you to setup your Subwoofer: Yes, No, when subwoofer is

set
"No", all lower frequency will be redirected to the two main speaker. In
this situation, if you simply connect a subwoofer to your receiver, you
won't hear any thing.

Take care!

"Norris Watkins" wrote in message
om...
I have had this home theatre setup with 4 Polkaudio RT2000P s ( I got
a good deal on them )

Till recently I did not have a good receiver and I was not seriously
into listening. Last week I got a Denon 3805 receiver.

One thing I noticed is that the powered subwoofer is barely audible,
no matter if I use the subwoofer out of the dolby digital OR the front
speaker preamp out. I tried this with all my 4 speakers, and I dont
think all of them have gone bad. Not only that though these speakers
were purchased some years back, I have barely used them.

I read some reviews that said these speakers have really powerful
powered subwoofers.

Could you pl share your experience if you happen to have one of these
( or any similar polk speakers like 2000i )

Thanks for reading
--nw