Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default NY

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:08:49 -0500, "None" wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote in message

Of course, decade is a word with many usages - those are just some of
them. But in the context we were discussing we know which it was: A
defined period of ten years beginning with a year that terminates with
a one. The first decade is the years 1 to 10 - continue counting from
there. And at no point do you get to slip in a nine year decade.

In the context we were discussing, the OP was clearly discussing the decade
of the 2020's, which began on the first inst. In a year ending in zero. A
decade whose start was marked and celebrated worldwide. In the context we
were discussing, we know exactly which decade we were discussing. The one
that began at the beginning of this year, which ends in zero. Nobody is
slipping in a nine-year decade, although you seem to be trying, and reveling
in your failure, having vanquished a straw man of your own device.

It was you who promptly _changed_ the subject to decades beginning in years
ending in one. Such decades have no practical use other than pedantic
posturing. When such a decade begins next January 1, it will only be marked
by the posturing pedants. Nobody else will care.

Too boring.