Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Biased Moderation on GearSlutz

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 7:45:03 AM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 8/13/2014 7:04 AM, wrote:

If you post anything on Gearslutz that doesn't toe the "company line" he/she will delete it.

--
For a good time, visit
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

I've been "moderated" on Gearslutz when I've posted an announcement of a
review added to my web page. The complaint (and violation of their terms
of service) is that they don't allow a URL in a post that takes the
reader away from Gearslutz to another web site dealing with similar topics.

They don't seem to have a problem with such URLs posted in a tag line,
so I put up a message announcing the review and pointing to the tag line
in order to read it. That seems to work.

I see a new fad in web sites where file trading exists. You must "give" before you can "get". However, you do have the option to PAY MONEY to get to the goods, too. Actually, after a coworker told me about "mogg" multi-track files, I went internet searching. I found the four Led Zeppelin multi-tracks, because someone had posted them where they shouldn't have been!

But, yes, many "discussion" sites don't allow URLs.

Jack