Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison

Default Wireless systems

Phil Allison wrote:

** I seriously doubt you will find any UHF *mic* receives where the
frequency range is wider than a few percent of the centre frequency.
This
is a result of the RF stages having to work without frequency tuning over
the whole range the receiver is capable of.

For example, an 840 MHz Sennheiser receiver might operate over a 32 MHz
range or about 3.7 %.

Ah ok. Whats the ideal then?

** Radio mics are always a compromise.

The IDEAL is a length of nice mic cable !!!

Using radio scanners or trying to make
sure that all our equipment operates in the 3.7% range?

** Scanners are neither capable of high quality sound nor "diversity"
operation - they are very handy for sussing out the local radio
environment however.

As you WILL need one UHF mic receiver for EACH and EVERY mic, there is no
need nor advantage in a single model.